Now let's look at reasons 6 - 10.
- Based on their looks alone. What is important is what's on the inside not on the outside. Don't get me wrong, looks are attractive and usually, looks are the first thing that will attract. However, looks will eventually fade away. If there is nothing attractive on the inside, it will make it hard to live with this person everyday. Make sure the person you marry has integrity, character and common sense. Beauty is only skin deep.
- You think no one else may want you. Don't settle for the wrong person just because you think there is no one else out there who will want you. Don't marry the first person who comes along because you're desperate. Decisions made in desperation leads to disaster.
- Money only. Money can't buy love and it can't buy happiness. It is important because you need it to live. Having it make life a little easier. You can marry someone rich and be miserable if it is not the right person for you.
- You need help. You may be a single parent and need help with kids and housework. Or there may be some other facet of your life that you need help with. Needing help should not be the primary reason you desire marriage. Build your support system another way.
- You want to have sex. Make sure you get to know the person first. Sex was created to be the icing on the cake after building a strong foundation. Making sex the foundation in marriage will lead to disaster. Take your time.
I hope these dating tips and dating advice will help you make a good decision about marriage. God intended marriage to be a lifelong event. When you avoid marrying for any of the 10 reasons I stated, you are on your way to a lifetime of happiness.